Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Set Process

    One of my best friends was the actress for our film making everything easier. I bike home with her after school. I asked her to film last Monday and she said yes. In case she said no, I had a back up actress in mind but luckily I didn't have to go through the travel of replanning everything. On Tuesday, March 15th, I biked home after school with Sophie (the actress) and told her to come over to my house in about 40 minutes. In those 40 minutes, I had to "unmodernize" my room if you will. By that I mean I had to take out everything that I had in my room that was too modern to fit in with the time period in which our film introduction is set, in other words, the 1980s. 
    While I took stuff out of my room to shoot in it, I also put stuff in my room such as my record player and my vinyls that were of bands and artists that my dad listened to when he was a young adult in the 1980s. Those records are 80s vinyls so they fit in with the aesthetic I was going for. I also had my keyboard in the room as April, the character played the acoustic guitar (which sadly I was not able to acquire to film with) and the keyboard. I took my large collection of scrunchies that I have from a couple years ago (when that trend came back for like a year) and we threw those around the room, basically everywhere. 


  The only piece of furniture that I didn't completely "unmodernize" was my bookshelf because practically every single book on that bookshelf (and it's a tall bookshelf) was published after the year 2000 and I didn't think it would be really realistic for there to be an almost empty bookshelf in the background. 


    Well, that is all for today! Write to you guys later! 
    Isa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And finally... the Creative Critical Reflection

This project was certainly an experience that taught me a lot. I had a lot of fun filming both the film introduction AND the CCR. And here&#...